1. What is your name?
2. List the name(s) of the members of your crew?
Rachel & Daniel Setareh
3. What is your boat’s name, and what type is it?
Jenny III, Nacra Infusion MKII
4. Do you have a favorite “pump up jam” to prepare you for racing?
5. What do you love most about Multihull sailing?
Being able to share the thrill of cat sailing with my friends and family
6. What is your go-to post-race snack or beverage?
7. What is your favorite event other than the New England 100 that you have participated in?
8. What’s your top speed on this boat?
I clocked at 17 mph last year but I have a new boat and hope to hit 20 this year.
9. Do you have a memory of Sandra Tartaglino that you would like to share?
Sandra taught me how to rig & sail F18s. They are of course super technical boats and I had no formal sailing instruction. Without Sandra and the rest of the fleet I would not be F18 sailing.
A good memory to share about Sandra was the time I asked her last year who won BBR (Buzzard’s Bay Regatta). She would have never volunteered that she won, but the question made her giggle like a school girl. I can still hear it in my head.
Sandra was competitive and she liked to win but she delighted in helping me progress as a sailor just as much. Truly grateful to have known her.
Narragansett Bay Adult Athletic Sailing Association